Saturday September 24, 2005
Live coverage of the Rally in Washington D.C.
Folk Plus airs Saturdays
from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on WJFF,
at 90.5 fm in Jeffersonville, N.Y. and 94.5 in Monticello N.Y.
We are Hydro Powered Public Radio and stream online at WWW.WJFFRADIO.ORG
is a SING OUT! magazine Radio Partner (www.singout.org)
WPFW-Pacifica will provide live coverage of the Anti-war Mobilization
Rally in Washington, D.C.
Saturday, September 24th
11-am EST time - at 2pm EST.
RIGHT CHANNEL of the KU band
The morning rally is scheduled to end at 2pm. Coverage will continue
until the morning rally has ended.
Washington Bureau Chief
Askia Muhammed, (WPFW-News Editor)
Terry D. Kester, Co-Host of What's At Stake.
They will be joined at the anchor's desk by Phyllis Bennis, of the
Institute for Policy Studies and Eric Leaver both co-authors of "
The Cost of War."
Guest analysts will include Damu Smith, Founder of Black Voices for
Peace, Mike Tidwell, Host of Earthbeat and author of Bayou Farewell:
The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisianna's Cajun Coastand Anas
Shallal, Founder of Iraqi Americans for Peaceful Alternatives.
Coverage will include live reports from a host of Washington based
reporters and field producers.
The speaker's list of the United for Peace and Justice/ International
ANSWER rally at the Elipse are listed below
Participants in the September 24 White House rally will include:
- Jessica Lange, actor
- George Galloway, British Member of Parliament
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general
- Cindy Sheehan*
- Dolores Huerta, Co-Founder, United Farm Workers of America
- Malik Rahim, New Orleans community activist who survived Hurricane
- Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney
- Congressman John Conyers
- Ralph Nader
- Mahdi Bray, Exec. Dir., Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, attorney and co-founder, Partnership for
- Elias Rashmawi, National Council of Arab Americans
- Brian Becker, National Coordinator, A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition
- Lynne Stewart, attorney
- Rev. Al Sharpton*
- Anita Dennis, mother of Iraq War veteran / resister
- Clayola Brown, President of the A. Philip Randolph Institute, Vice
President of UNITE HERE**
- Ben Dupuy, Former Ambassador At Large for the government of President
- Jos Williams, President, President of the Metropolitan Washington
- Michael Berg, father of Nicholas Berg
- Christine Araquel, Alliance for a Just and Lasting Peace in the
- Andy Thayer, Equality Campaign
- Curtis Muhammed, Community Labor Union of New Orleans*
- Margaret Prescod, Global Women's Strike
- Hadi Jawad, founder of Crawford Peace House
- Chris Silvera, Teamsters Black Caucus
- Musa Al-Hindi, Al-Awda National
- Michel Shehadeh, Los Angeles 8 defendant, a Palestinian activist who
was framed COINTELPRO-style by the U.S. government
- Nancy Wolforth, Executive Vice President, AFL-CIO
- Manuel Santos, Socialist Front of Puerto Rico
- Brenda Stokley, Million Worker March, New York City Labor Against the
- Peta Lindsay, Youth and Student A.N.S.W.E.R. Student, Howard
- Mounzer Sleiman, National Council of Arab Americans
- Macrina Cardenas, Mexicanos Sin Fronteras
- Jeanette Caceres, Spoken word artist from New York University
- Gloria La Riva, National Committee to Free the Five
- Riya Ortiz, Network in Solidarity with the People of the Philippines,
Campaign for Justice Not War
- Larry Holmes, Troops Out Now Coalition
- Chuck Kauffman, Nicaragua Network
- Women's Anti-Imperialist League
- Eugene Puryear, Youth and Student A.N.S.W.E.R. Student, Howard
- Patti Smith, singer
For more information contact: Joia Jefferson Nuri at (240) 603-7905
We should no longer accept the counsel
of those who tell us that we must fill our world with poisonous chemicals,
we should look around and see what other course is open to us."
Thanks to all well wishers with my curret battle with neurotoxic poisoning and chemical sensitivities and welcome to new listeners on the web. (http://pagewebberink.com/~angie/)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away.
Search WWW Search www.wjffradio.org