Childrens' views of their dads, joys and struggles of being a dad
and mothers views of dads....all today on Folk Plus
1. My Dad's Yard - Catie Curtis
Truth From Lies - Guardian
Whatever you can?t find in my dad's yard will be in his heart
2. My Father's Garden - Kat Eggleston
Second Nature - Waterbug
And he sends her daffodils every year
3. Pals Forever Dad - Jim Henry
Jacksonville - Signature Sounds (below)
Sitting right next to my hero on our way to Illinois
4. Maryland Country Road - Erica Wheeler
The Harvest - Signature Sounds
800 694 5354
How do dads know all that stuff when we drive around?
5. A Farmer of Love - Kim Person Lana Puckett
Windows of Life - Cimirron/Rainbird Rec 804 898 8155
" A man of simple pleasures, whose needs in life were few"
6. My Father Was a Quiet Man - Smith Sisters
Canary?s Song - www.songs.com/debi
"My advice came from an inner voice...my inner voice and daddy go walking hand in hand"
7. My Father's Only Son - Carrie Newcomer
My Father's Only Son - Philo
"never talk much in a fishing boat.."
8. Me and My Father - Cosy Sheridan
Saturn return - email@example.com
"I can't pretend (I'm not) daddy's little girl"
9. Daddy?s Oldsmobile - Dave Mallett
In the falling Light - Vanguard
Reading by the dashboard light
For Dads who are not living with their children:
10. Dad and Me - John McCutcheon
Summersongs - Rounder
Riding on a train, going to my dad, wondering how my summer is gonna be
"Summertime is time for dad and me?
11. When I go To See My Son - Tom Paxton
Wearing the Time - Sugar Hill records
"When I bring my son back home we don't talk much in the car"
12. Hold on To That Heart - Pierce Pettis
Making Light of It - www.compassrecords.com
"I used to have a wife, used to have a life.."
"I saw you being born...I just hope you know, daddy loves you so, though Im not always there to hold you? "firstname.lastname@example.org
13. April 22nd, Somerville, Mass. - Annie Gallup
Backbone - Primecd email@example.com
"Somewhere there is a stranger with my hands, and her mother's hair"
14. Unintentional Seed - Ron Reninger
Vanishing Breed - Vienna firstname.lastname@example.org
I was too young to listen, when you said "Lets just sleep"
15. You Sure Would Look Cute in a Paternity Suit - Debbie
Going the Distance - email@example.com
"You really are the father of this baby"
16. The Children?s Entertainer - Nancy White
Momnipotent - firstname.lastname@example.org
"Someone help me.......Honey I'm home!"
17. Working Joe (for dad) - Stan Rogers
Northwest Passage - Fogarty?s Cove Music
"too many bills to pay...falling into bed "
18. Lehigh Valley Line - Eric Garrison
Looking for Egypt - email@example.com
"She can see him now in his overalls..to their boys he was a hero"
Four dads that are gone:
19. My dad?s Song - Debbie Diedrich
Going the Distance - firstname.lastname@example.org
"My dad would have made a great old man"
20. My Father?s Blue Eyes - Burns Sisters
In This World - Philo
"They buried my father today"
21. Crash - Suzzy Roche for her dad Jack
Holy Smokes - Red House
"as if I didn?t know he is never coming back" (for her dad Jack Roche)
22. Home - Nightsun
Home - email@example.com
"I said goodbye to my dad on a hospital bed, the ringing of machines all around his head....
get away from here daddy, find your way home"
A dad that is gone but not dead
23. Your Loving Son - Mark Fisher
Birthmark - White Rec. 508 630-1356
what could I have done to make you "leave us all behind?
"your soul was the only one you meant to save"
24. My Father?s Shoes - Cliff Eberhardt
The Long Road - Windham Hill
"Even tho it may be right for you"
25. 75 Septembers - Cheryl Wheeler
Philo So Far - Philo
"...come and gone"
26. Sweet Loving Daddy - Jesse Winchester
Gentleman of leisure - www.sugarhill.com
"How could you have taken a downtown man
for a sweet loving daddy like me? "
27. Big Hat, No cattle - Randy Newman
Bad Love - www.dreamworksrecords.com
"I'm lying to my children and my wife"
28. My Father?s Mansion - Richard Berman
Dreamer - www.songs.com/rberman firstname.lastname@example.org
"theres over 20 rooms here, not enough for me"
29. Here?s to the Kids - Kevin Woodward
Free - www.islandnet.com/~kew email@example.com
"that are different..."
30 Parents are people - Rosie Greer
Free to be You and Me - cassette
"daddys are people...(who) used to be boys.."